- North Carolina blogger says he was kicked at Palin rally (via Romensko)
- Did the Secret Service prevent reporters from interviewing supporters at rallies? … Or no?
Well, glad press freedom battles are limited to Vietnam, and would never happen in America, least of all in this 2008:
- Amy Goodman and Two Democracy Now! Producers Unlawfully Arrested At the RNC
- AP photog arrested while covering anti-war protest
- Update: Democracy Now!’s Amy Goodman, Sharif Abdel Kouddous and Nicole Salazar Released After Illegal Arrest at RNC
- Call for withdrawal of charges against three journalists manhandled and arrested outside Republican Party convention
So glad to see our freedoms are protected here in America, because, you know, the world hates us for our freedoms and all that.
And while we’re at it, stifling Freedom of the Press is not limited to violent means. John McCain’s campaign has taken-its-ball-and-gone-home by canceling an appearance on Larry King’s show because Campbell Brown at CNN had the nerve to ask some tough questions of a McCain spokesman.